The release 1.6 includes new features about tests of ETL (SSIS), testing properties (SSAS) and category inheritance within groups. About Genbi, we've added the support of test-cases sourced from queries in Genbi and the filtering of test-cases set based on column's value.
Please report all the bugs to the issues tracker to ensure they are fixed ... even if they are minor issues.
What's new ?
- Adding an option to filter a set of test-cases based on the value of a column (also available in genbiL).
- Add the possibility to load a set of test-cases based on a query (Mdx/Sql) in place of a CSV file.
- We've a continuous integration build hosted at appVeyor. This build will only run a subset of the tests, but still it's really interesting if you want to use the last builds.
- A session about testing BI solutions with NBi will be presented at SQL Saturday at Paris the 13th of September by Cédric L. Charlier.
What's next ?
This release 1.6, is the first use to integrate some tests on SSIS. The next one will go further and will allow you to execute tests with etl running on a remote server. I'll also add a setup element to process parts of a cube (SSAS). Finally, I'm planning to support some tests about result-sets, to express easily conditions such has "If this filed is greater than X then this other field must be greater than Y".
I'm (still) working on a Release 2.0. This work is delayed to the lack of releases for NUnit 3.0 (and changes in the API). Anyway the goals are still:
- Lot of internal refactoring meaning easier to integrate new features (mostly done)
- Compatible with NUnit 3.0 meaning easier to setup a test suite !
- Easier to port it to another test framework than NUnit (xUnit, Fixie, ...)
- Easier to write helpers to compare result-sets
- Easier to create a Visual Studio Add-in
Naturally this Release 2.0 has a big constraint linked to the availability of NUnit 3.0 (currently still not available) so no planned date for the moment.