This is probably the last beta or release candidate before the final build of release 1.3. Previous releases of the 1.3 stream have been renamed 1.3 Beta1 (184.108.40.206) and 1.3 Beta2 (220.127.116.11) due to lack of some features that will be provided in the final release of 1.3.
What's new ?
Enhancements and new features
The new features never shipped before this release are
- Usage of parameters to provide values to a query
- Usage of template-variables to update dynamically a query
- A test to check that members'caption of a hierarchy or level are matching with a regular expression
- The opportunity to compare values in a result sets to a range of values (intervals) and not to a unique value.
- The possibility to move a column at left or right in Genbi
Features already delivered in 1.3 Beta1 and Beta2
- Performances have been improved with an option to execute two queries to be compared in parallel. Previously, if both of them needed 5 seconds to deliver their result-sets, the test would take around 10 seconds. Now, the two queries are executed in parallel and resulting in a test executed in 5 seconds.
- You can compare your hierarchy's members to a dynamic list of members retrieved by a query. Meaning that you can compare the result available in your cube to a SQL query on your source-system.
- We've improved the user-experience when analyzing the reasons of a failed test when running tests on members.
- You can define a tolerance for dateTime value columns
- You can define a tolerance in % of the expected value (for numeric columns)
- You can define a tolerance based on rounding option (for numeric and dateTime columns)
- We've added the possibility to compare a value to a generic value named (any). This generic value accept null and not null values.
- yes and no are valid values for a boolean
- You can group your tests in the xml test suite. When editing your xml, you can toggle the group to display or hide the set of tests grouped. This feature has no influence when executing the tests.
- Genbi lets you select some tests and add easily a category to them
A few user-experience enhancements in Genbi and a few bugs found in Beta1
Two releases in less than 24 hours :-)
What's next ?
Probably in 10-15 days after a serious test in situ.
And for 1.4 (or after)?
- Tolerance for text columns (accent, distance, ...)
- Compare hierarchy's members to those of another instance of your cube (non-regression)
- Compare members to predefined lists (weekday names, month names, ...)
- Validate SSAS format of a measure
- Log the result-set of queries in CSV files
and many more ...