This project is read-only.

Shared dataset in report

Aug 20, 2014 at 2:12 PM
I get an error when i reference a report with a shared dataset:
NBi.NUnit.Runtime.TestSuite.Dataset fra DyreReg_SubMaelkeproduktionsudvikling:
System.ArgumentException : No report found on path '/DyreRegReports/' with name 'DyreReg_SubMaelkeproduktionsudvikling'
I am extracting from the ReportingServer database. I can get it working with a report with the dataset embedded.
Aug 20, 2014 at 3:20 PM
I've never tested with a shared dataset, so I'm not really surprised it doesn't work. I'll take a look during the next days.
Aug 26, 2014 at 12:11 PM
Yesterday evening, I've added the support of SharedDataSet into NBi (code not committed right now). The fact that's a Shared or Embedded dataset will be transparent for the test writter. This new feature will be included in the next release 1.7 (around 1st September).

I still need to fix another issue with Reports about the namespaces, so if you've a problem with some reports (probably SSRS 2012/2014), it will also be fixed in the same release.
Marked as answer by Seddryck on 10/29/2014 at 5:15 PM
Aug 27, 2014 at 10:13 AM
You are the best!

Another request: It's really powerful to be able to test against the dataset, but sometimes there are business logic in the report elements. So maybe it could be possible to test against the atom-feed of the report? I am pretty sure its no trivial task, but it could be a cool feature.