This is a beta
release for the NBi 1.3 series including all features and bug fixes of NBi 1.2 series and adding a set of new features described here under.
What's new ?
Enhancements and new features
- Performances have been improved with an option to execute two queries to be compared in parallel. Previously, if both of them needed 5 seconds to deliver their result-sets, the test would take around 10 seconds. Now, the two queries are executed in parallel and resulting in a test executed in 5 seconds.
- You can compare your hierarchy's members to a dynamic list of members retrieved by a query. Meaning that you can compare the result available in your cube to a SQL query on your source-system.
- We've improved the user-experience when analyzing the reasons of a failed test when running tests on members.
- You can define a tolerance for dateTime value columns
- You can define a tolerance in % of the expected value (for numeric columns)
- You can define a tolerance based on rounding option (for numeric and dateTime columns)
- We've added the possibility to compare a value to a generic value named (any). This generic value accept null and not null values.
- yes and no are valid values for a boolean
- You can group your tests in the xml test suite. When editing your xml, you can toggle the group to display or hide the set of tests grouped. This feature has no influence when executing the tests.
- Genbi lets you select some tests and add easily a category to them
A few user-experience enhancements in Genbi
Lot of ideas for 1.4!
What's next ?
Still in v1.3
Only bug fixes. The DSL to support the scripting of generation of test suites (Genbi) has been post-poned (1.5?).
And for 1.4?
- More generic values (not-null), (positive), (negative), (not-positive), (not-negative)
- Tolerance for text columns (accent, distance, ...)
- Compare hierarchy's members to those of another instance of your cube (non-regression)
- Validate SSAS format of a measure
- Log the result-set of queries in CSV files
and many more ...