This is a bug fix and maintenance release based on the previous stable version (NBi 1.2)
What has been fixed in NBi 1.2.1 ?
3 bugs on Genbi,
- After the load of an existing test suite, it was possible to display the tests but as soon as you was trying to add new ones, the existing tests were removed. It's now fixed and you can add tests to an existing test suite.
- When saving a previously existing test suite, the defaults and references were copied to the system-under-test tag and the test suite had an invalid format. It's now fixed and the elements are not copied anymore.
- Usage of "Use grouping" option was a bit random. It's now fixed and if you check the box, the expected generation will be executed.
The logo has been repaint and added as icon for Genbi.
What's next (v1.3)?
Following features have already been implemented and will be tested soon to be included in a beta release:
- Performances have been improved with an option to execute the two queries to be compared in parallel. Previously if both of them needed 5 seconds to deliver the result-set the test would take around 10 seconds. Now the two queries are executed in parallel and the test will take around 5 seconds.
- You can define a tolerance for dateTime value columns
- You can define a tolerance based on rounding option (for numeric and dateTime columns)
- Genbi lets you select some tests and add easily a category to them
- You can group your tests in the xml test suite. When editing your xml, you can toggle the group to display or hide the set of tests grouped. This feature has no influence when executing the tests.
- DSL to support the scripting of generation of test suites (Genbi)
- Compare members from one instance with members of another instance or with a query