Enhancements and new features
- Introduction of an assert named exists to facilitate structure and members tests
- When you're looking for a member in a hierarchy or level and this member is not found, NBi will display members of this hierarchy or level (Max 10).
- New config file replacing the previous plain text file to redirect to the test-suite Breaking change
- Support of AutoCategory, to add automatically categories based on the tests written (enabled by config file)
- Support connectionStrings from the config file
- When comparing two result-sets and one of them has a violation of the unique key defined, NBi will display the rows violating this unique key.
- Path for dependencies (sql, mdx or csv files) are now relative to nbits files and not anymore to AppBase (generally NBi.NUnit.Runtime.dll) Breaking change
- Comprehensive message when a dependency (sql, mdx or csv files) is not found. When a dependency is not found, NBi displays the expected full-path of this dependency.
- You can now specify the reason of the ignore attribute on a test
- Exists constraint for a "Measure" takes into account the display-folder and measure-group
- When a test is failing, NBi will display the test (xml format) and not anymore the C# stacktrace
- Support of test's name dependent of test's definition
- Better Expectation and Actual messages for Structure constraints
- Added a tag 'edition' to manage change in test-suites
- Tutorial on how to share the binaries (NBi.Core.Dll, NBi.Xml.Dll, ...) with Gallio and NUnit
We've updated the XSD defining the structure of the xml tests and introduced some breaking changes. We're confident that it's a change for good and sure that you'll be able to quickly update your existing test-suite to be compatible with this new release.
- In system-under-test, the xml elements structure and members don't define anymore on what you'll perform your test. This definition is managed in one of the following child elements: perspective, dimension, hierarchy, level, measure-group, measure
- In system-under-test, the xml element query must now be integrated inside a parent element named execution
We're confident that these changes will be positive for the future of NBi
- Support CSV files with zero row
- When column's name was too short, NBi was crashing (Fixed by Cédric Bourgeois)
- Fixed a bug with default connectionString when using the constraint 'Contains' with a structure for system-under-test
- First commits made by someone else than the project's owner
- Source code is (finally) correctly configured to support NuGet and SharpDevelop