NBi is a testing framework (add-on to NUnit) for Microsoft Business Intelligence platform and Data Access.
The main goal of this framework is to let users create tests with a declarative approach based on an Xml syntax. By the means of NBi, you don't need to develop C# code to specify your tests! Either, you don't need Visual Studio to compile your test suite. Just create an Xml file and let the framework interpret it and play your tests. The framework is designed as an add-on of NUnit but with the possibility to port it easily to other testing frameworks.
is now updated for release 1.4
(new features are explicitely identified). This documentation includes a list of "how to" for beginners and the usage of some elements in NBi syntax to manage test cases (description, ignore, edition, category).
Currently supported features
- SSAS, SQL and DAX
- Cube/Tabular structure
- Test the availability of an element in the cube or tabular structure (measure, measure-group, level, hierarchy, dimension, perspective, table and column for tabular models)
- Test availability of one or more elements in the cube structure (measure, measure-group, level, hierarchy, dimension, perspective, table and column for tabular models)
- Test the relation between a dimension and a measure-group (not supported for tabular models)
- Tests on dimension's members
- Manage test cases
- Tool to assist in the creation of a test suite